IOS Tweaks: There could be several reasons, to why you’d want to change the names of images and videos on your Iphone. Maybe you want to give your cherished moments more meaningful names than the auto-generated cryptic ones like “IMG_xxxx,” or perhaps you want to make it easier to find your images and videos in a photo app.
Table of Contents
Power-Packed Apple and iOS Tweaks Unveiled!
Changing the names directly within the Photo app on your iPhone seems a bit tricky, unfortunately. Each image or video is assigned a name comprising the key phrase “IMG” followed by a unique four-digit number (for example, IMG_xxxx). In a few cases, the file name might consists of random letters and numbers.
However, you can change the names of your saved images and videos using either the Files app or third-party apps like Metapho. Shall we glance at the goodies we’ve got?
Changing Names Using the Files App:
1. Open the Files app on your iPhone.
2. Select the image or video you want to rename.
3. The share icon is available on the lower left side in the corner, Press it.
4. Slide your screen downwards and gently press on the option that says “Save to Files.
5. A new window will appear. You’ll see the current name of the image under the screen. Tailor it to match your liking.
6. After changing it, tap “Done” in the upper right corner to confirm.
7. After you’ve renamed the image and saved it in the Files app, simply locate it within the app and give the name a tap at the upper section of the screen. Then, tap “Save to Photos.” The image will be saved with the new name in the Photos app.
Changing Names Using a Third-Party App like Metapho:
iOS Tweaks: Metapho is a great app for editing the metadata of your images.
1. Download Metapho from the App Store.
2. After downloading, launch the app and grant it access to your photos.
3. In Metapho, all your images and albums will be visible.
4. Find and select the image you want to rename.
5. Give the image a tap, and when the option ‘Save As…’ pops up, tap on it.
6. A pop-up will show, allowing you to change the name of the image. Type the new name and tap “Save.”
Metapho will automatically save the renamed image in the Photos app. Here’s a straightforward and dependable method to personalize the names of your images, adding a personal touch to your digital album and simplifying your search for them.
Read more Similar News: Click on Blog